Registered in Ontario as a Clinical Psychologist since 1972 (Registration No.819).
Dr. Wong is the Founding President of the Meaning-Centered Counselling Institute, Inc. (MCCI) and the originator of meaning-centered counselling and therapy (MCCT), an integrative existential positive psychotherapy. As the Founding Director of the Graduate Program in Counselling Psychology at Trinity Western University, he has trained many counsellors and psychotherapists in applied behavioural analysis and therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, existential therapy, and cross-cultural counselling. As a registered clinical psychologist in Ontario for over 40 years, he has very broad experience in working with various kinds of behavioural and psychological problems. He has served on federal government agencies, including the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) in Washington, DC (1981-1986) and the National Advisory Council on Aging for the Canadian Minister of Health in Ottawa, ON (1994-1997).
Meaning-Centered Counselling Institute, Inc.
Professional Psychological Services
- Positively-oriented clinical and counselling psychology for adults, couples, and families
- Commitment to both healing and flourishing because a strengths-focus facilitates the therapeutic process
- Psychological assessments of areas of dysfunctioning and deficiencies as well as personal strengths
- Individual and group sessions; online and telephone consultation also available
Resolving Problems & Predicaments
- Depression, anxiety, stress
- Pain, injury
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, abuse, grieving
- Addiction, rehabilitation
- Adjustment problems, relational difficulties
- Mid-life crisis, aging, terminal illness
Realizing Potentials for Personal Growth
- Academic & career planning
- Pre-marital counselling, marriage enrichment
- Quest for meaning & purpose
- Pathways to inner freedom & peace
- Life strategies & skills for success
- Leadership development
Practicing Meaning-Centered Counselling and Therapy (MCCT)
Meaning-Centered Counselling and Therapy (MCCT) is an evidence-based integrative and positive psychotherapy. MCCT incorporates cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), narrative therapy, logotherapy, and humanistic-existential therapy with a positive and spiritual orientation.